This site is operated by MM8 Pty Ltd (“Movinghub”) ABN 73 603 267 465. Movinghub is committed to complying with all of its privacy obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), and is bound by the National Privacy Principles of the Privacy Act, as amended from time to time.
By disclosing personal information to Movinghub you consent to being contacted by Movinghub by telephone, SMS or email in relation to the marketing or promotion of all services listed on this website even if you have not applied for the connection of those services in this application. This consent will continue indefinitely until cancelled by you.
What Personal Information is collected?
The types of personal information generally collected by Movinghub include your name, address, telephone number, email address, and date of birth; the services selected by you on the website as well as transaction details relating to your use of the website.
How is this information collected?
Movinghub can only obtain personal information if you send an e-mail message, complete an on-line inquiry or disclose information over the phone. We ask you to provide only enough personal information to fulfil the purposes of our service. All calls are recorded for coaching and compliance purposes, if you do not agree to the call being recorded we amy not be able to fulfil your request.
Like many websites, we use “cookies”, which are stored on your computer and contain small amounts of information sent by us to your computer, and read by us when you visit the different pages of our website. If you do not accept incoming cookies then, the performance of our website on your system will not be to full standard or our website may not work at all.
When you look at our website, we may make a record of your visit. The following information may be logged for statistical analysis in order to improve our services to you:
- Your Internet protocol (IP) address;
- The date and time of your visit to the site;
- The pages you have accessed and documents downloaded; and
- The type of browser you were using.
Any such statistical analysis does not personally identify you.
Why is this information collected?
Movinghub collects the minimum amount of personal information required by us in order to provide you with the services offered by us, and to effectively communicate with you.
How is this information used?
Any personal information that we collect about you will be used and disclosed by us, so that we can provide you with the services that you have requested or otherwise to enable us to carry out our functions.
Movinghub may disclose your personal information to its related entities, its business partners and third party providers for services in circumstances where Movinghub considers it appropriate to do so in order to provide you with the services. For example, Movinghub may disclose your personal information to assist in the supply to you of services such as:
- Pay TV
- Truck Hire
Further, Movinghub may disclose the services you have selected to third party service providers as they may be receiving a fee and/or benefit from Movinghub as a result of your selection of any service. Movinghub, its related entities and its third party providers may also use your personal information to market their products and services to you.
Movinghub may also:
- Share your personal information with the 3rd party providers providing the moving services for the purposes of promoting the services.
- Use your personal information to conduct market research. Disclose your personal information where required by law, any court proceedings, or for any fraud or crime prevention purposes.
- Share your personal information with Movinghub’s professional advisors including lawyers, marketing and business advisors and auditors.
Access to personal information
Movinghub will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information it collects uses or discloses is accurate, complete and up to date. If your personal details change, or you would like to request access to any or all of the personal information Movinghub holds about you, please contact Movinghub at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Following such a request, Movinghub may, in accordance with the Privacy Act, provide you with a copy of any personal information Movinghub holds about you. As permitted by the Privacy Act, any request may incur a reasonable fee, which Movinghub will inform you of in advance of providing you with the personal information. You may ask for any of your personal information to be corrected, so that it is accurate, complete and up to date.
Movinghub has put in place a number of industry-standard security measures to make sure your data is safe from loss, misuse, or alteration. Our security systems are regularly reviewed and continually upgraded to keep your data safe.
Movinghub has taken every possible measure to give absolute security to our customers in their dealings with us:
- When we ask you to enter your personal information, that information is encrypted and protected with the best encryption software in the industry – SSL.
- While on a secure page, such as our application form, the lock icon on the bottom of Web browsers such as Netscape Navigator and Microsoft Internet Explorer becomes locked, as opposed to un-locked, or open, when you are just searching. You will know when transmitted data is safe by the appearance of a security notice when you enter a secure page. Secure web pages can also be identified by their URL, they begin with ‘https://’, while standard pages begin with ‘http://’.
- Your personal information is stored in our database, which is located in Australia.
Marketing & Promotions
By disclosing personal information to Movinghub you consent to being contacted by Movinghub by telephone, SMS or email in relation to the marketing or promotion of all services listed on this website even if you have not applied for the connection of those services in this application. You may unsubscribe at any time by replying ‘STOP’ via SMS, using the unsubscribe feature on email communications or by calling 1300 744 334.
If we change these policies in any substantial way, we will notify you at least thirty days in advance by posting a notice of the change prominently on our website. We encourage you to periodically review this Statement so that you remain informed as to how we are protecting your Personal and Sensitive Information.
If you would like to learn more about our terms and conditions, please contact Movinghub at support@ movinghub.com.au.